Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bedroom Inspiration

Well, I'm excited to report that the quilt my mom is making for my bed is nearly complete!  I'm a very structured person and tend to tackle projects better once I have something to build the plan around.  Does that make sense?  I just read that and feel like it might not.  Oh well.  :)  In any event, this quilt will serve as the nucleus of my new bedroom; as the focal point, I plan to draw everything from the color palate to the overall "feel" of the room from it. 


I found this picture on what has fast become one of my favorite new blogs called French Country Cottage (frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com.)  I la-ove her style, and have started living vicariously through her chic cottage life.  It has been fun. 


The picture serves as inspiration for my new room; the quilt on the bed mimics the style and even colors of my quilt, so it was exciting to find. 


    Link to photo here:  http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2012/02/room-full-of-sunshine-inspirations.html
The reddish paisley intermixed with soft pastels...I just love it.  Though I'm not crazy about having quite so much stuff going on in one space, I love the warm, cozy and feminine feel.  A couple additional features of this room I plan to incorporate in mine:
  • The buttery yellow walls
  • The greenery in vases - so simple, and provides a little life to the space.  I think flowers would be a little overwhelming/too much, so this is the perfect compromise. 
  • The cool curtains - I would actually like to use that bed sheet, no-sew curtain trick I've seen a few times on Pinterest!  No needles, thread or machine - love it!
More to come.  I'll get a picture of the quilt this weekend (perhaps with the designer herself, my lovely mom) and will also outline my game plan.  Perhaps I'll post some before pics too.  :)

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  Hope it is a great day.

M.

1 comment: