Saturday, April 28, 2012

Life as of Now

With an upcoming move and busy work schedule - I've enjoyed taking this weekend to start my blog and enjoy a little down time!  As I sit writing this, my mom is quilting (actually making a new quilt for my bed, a surprise she unveiled to me today - pictures soon!) and I'm sitting at my laptop writing and enjoying a lovely glass of Cupcake Red Velvet wine.  It's a rainy weekend here in Minneapolis; perfect for crafting and staying cozy indoors. 

I'm starting to get quite excited for my upcoming move.  Being the planner that I am, I've started to make lists and a gameplan for the big day (June 1st.)  I've hired movers for the first time, which will no doubt prove to be wonderful (as I've basically moved once a year for the past 8 years (Yikes!) - so a nice change of pace for both my family and I.  :)  I'm moving to St. Louis Park, which (for those that don't know the area) is just about 3 miles outside of Minneapolis.  As I work downtown Minneapolis, St. Louis Park provides a nice balance between the convenince of the city and calm of the 'burbs.  And since I grew up in the suburbs of Minneapolis, I am quite familiar with the area.  I'm excited to post updates on the big move, with before and after pictures to boot!  It's my favorite spot in Minneapolis; I hunted this place down pretty early on, and am glad I did, as it boasts all of the amenities I was looking for in my new place.

One of my favorite things about my new place is the huge, open concept kitchen with walk-out patio.  I've recently gotten on the "power foods" train (due in large part to the film "Food Matters" - highly recommed!) and thus, have gotten re-energized about cooking and meal-making.  I will no doubt enjoy many a new recipe in the new kitchen - I promise to report back on all delectable recipes!  :)

What's your favorite way to spend a rainy Saturday evening?

3 comments:

  1. OMG LOVE IT TWINKLE TOES! So exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of your mom's quilt! Hey did you show her the cowl I made? Since she is a knitter I thought she might appreciate it! Maybe I can make her one too haha! Can't wait to see pictures of your new place!! Another visit has to be scheduled soon!

    xoxo Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! How exciting! :) Love the new blog and can't wait to stay in touch this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends! Sarah, I did show my mom the cowl and she LOVED IT! :)

    ReplyDelete