Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts to Peruse

Happy Tuesday! Thought I'd share some favorite quotes of mine for your reading pleasure. I think I'll make this a weekly tradition, as inspirational words truly are a favorite thing of mine. What better way to kick off a busy Tuesday than with some wisdom (coupled with a few cups of coffee, naturally!)  Speaking of coffee, if you find yourself in the lovely aisles of Trader Joe's anytime soon, I'd highly recommend their new Vanilla Chai Ground Coffee blend; it's a mild roast coffee with nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves blended in - delish.  :)

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
- Henry Drummond

Nothing should be prized more highly
than the value of each day.
- Goethe 

Meditate.
Live purely. Be quiet.
Do your work with mastery.
Like the moon, come out
from behind the clouds!
Shine.
- Buddha

Strength is a force. It is an attribute of the heart. Its opposite is not weakness and fear, but confusion, lack of clarity, and lack of sound intention. Remember the words of Tao Te Ching. 'The only true strength is a strength that people do not fear.' Strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.
- Kent Nerburn

Side note on Kent Nerburn: He is amazing! He is a local MN Author whom I've had the pleasure of meeting - he lives up north in the woods; an amazing person and his writing is exceptional! I highly recommend his books - one of my favorites is Letters to My Son, which I plan on reading to my future children. Good stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration Megan! Strength Courage and Wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice - you know I love an inspiration quote (or two, or a whole book full)!

    ReplyDelete