Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Florida Recap

Bonita Springs turned out to be every bit as relaxing and fun as I could have hoped!  We had gorgeous weather the entire trip (84 degrees and sunny basically every day) and enjoyed not having much of an agenda at all!

We stayed at the Trianon in Bonita Springs; it is located in a Promenade of various shops and restaurants.  We loved being able to walk to most all of our meals - and enjoyed the Lakehouse Restaurant adjacent to our hotel. 

Our favorite spot would likely be Roy's; located just around the corner of our hotel, they boasted a wonderful $6 Happy Hour that we indulged in a few times.  Our bartenders were the best!  We also loved Doc's (Katie!  Thought of you!)

Each day we enjoyed coffee and breakfast on the patio of our hotel - probably a favorite memory of the trip (what a treat to just sit, relax and drink my coffee in nice weather!)  We then drove about 7 minutes to the ocean, went for a morning walk on the beach and then layed out in the sun.  We swam in the ocean a few times, saw some dolphins, enjoyed great wine and a few Corona's and Margs, too. 

I feel blessed to have taken this trip with my mom.  Especially with life moving and shifting at such a fast pace right now, it is a trip I'll remember forever.  And I hope to come back to Bonita soon!

Below is one of my favorite pictures from our trip - I think it sums up our vacation quite nicely. I'll post more in days to come. 

Sunset at Bonita Bay!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a ton of fun!!! Maybe Bonita Springs might be fun for a girls long weekend???!!!

    xo Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so amazing, Sarah! We would have a blast. XO.

    ReplyDelete