Monday, May 28, 2012

The Moving Process Begins!

Happy Memorial Day!  As I move into my new place on June 1st, most of my long weekend was spent packing up my belongings!  I'm happy to report that the process went quite smoothly...after a couple trips to Target, Lowes and Starbucks (of course)...I effectively boxed everything up!

One thing I love about moving is the opportunity it provides for simplifying and getting rid of the excess stuff one accumulates over time.  I counted 8 bags of clothing, accessories, etc. that I dropped off yesterday for donation!  My main goal for this move was to only bring items with me that follow the Feng Shui motto to only allow things into your home that are either functional or beautful.  I heard this mantra for the first time a couple years ago, and it has stuck with me since then.  Moving is a perfect time to work toward it. 

Everything is ready for the movers on Friday.  I will document the actual move (pictures to follow as well!)

For now, please see the boxes in all their glory (more functional than beautiful at this point, clearly!)

Boxes, boxes and more boxes!


4 comments:

  1. Love that advice, Megan - functional or beautiful. I too subscribe to that way of living (most of the time... hehe). Good luck with the move! Can't wait to see photos of the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! That advice makes me think of you, and similar advice you gave to me about just getting rid of stuff you don't need/love. It's quite liberating once you start going! Cheers to getting rid of the clutter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie and Megan - I am reading the book "The Happiness Project" right now and the entire first chapter is dedicated to removing clutter! I love it - plus it gives you more energy to know you have more space! I need to do that asap!

    xoxo Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - I LOVE that book! So good! :)

    ReplyDelete