Monday, November 19, 2012

I'll Bring the Cocktails...

I'm blessed to come from a family where the men love to do the cooking.  My dad and brother are both wonderful cooks.  My dad's love for cooking has grown over the years; our family members eagerly anticipate the wonderful holiday feasts he prepares...myself certainly no exception! 

Although "But Dad...seriously...what can I bring?" is a good problem to have, I still love to cook and entertain myself, so I like to think up fun ways to contribute. 

This year, I've determined that with the help of my bartender brother, we'll contribute the fun cocktails :) 

Upon a quick google search for fun ideas, I stumbled upon this blog, called The Kitchn (http://www.thekitchn.com/drinks) - their "Drink" section is so fun!  I plan to make at least one recipe.  I do love a good Manhattan...so there's always that.  We're also quite big fans of "Hot Tottie" varietals in my family as well...so perhaps a "Hot Apple Spice Hot Tottie" for after dinner consumption would be in order.

I love food/drink blogs with visual aids to get me inspired...I will certianly post my creations after the holiday!

Cheers!

2012_08_03-Manhattan02.jpg
Recipe for "My Mother's Manhattan" from The Kitchn
 (http://www.thekitchn.com/what-did-your-parents-drink-my-mothers-manhattan-recipe-the-10-minute-happy-hour-175142)

2 comments:

  1. You know me... I love love a good cocktail. I'll be coming over to join you. Say hi to the fam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I would so love that :) I will say hello for you; next time we get together = cocktail mania (obviously) :)

    ReplyDelete