Thursday, November 15, 2012

Inspired in Heels


This morning I'd like to start a new Thursday morning post tradition:  I'm dubbing it Inspired in Heels Thursday!

Each Thursday morning, I will choose a favorite topic and share some favorite quotes that tie in.  The first week's quotes are all about Taking a Chance/Risk Taking.  I love to be inspired and know that my friends do as well...so I thought this would be a fun way to incorporate this passion into my blogging experience!

This first "theme" is one close to my heart...as it's not in my nature to take risks.  But I know how important it is and can be and therefore do intentionally try to go out on a limb as often as possible.  When I look to the best things that have happened in my life thusfar (my relationships, deciding where to go to school, new career ventures, etc.), they've all involved a pretty significant degree of risk in one way or another. 

"It's not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It's because we dare not venture that they are difficult." -- Seneca

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far it is possible to go." -- T.S. Eliot

"Go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is." -- Jimmy Carter

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." --Wayne Gretsky

What risks in your life are you grateful to have taken?

No comments:

Post a Comment